Cross Stitch Products

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Fractal Art

I love chaos! The more chaos I see, the happier I am. At least that is how I see my fractal art. I fell in love with this mathematical delight about 20 years ago, and since then, I have used these fractals in every conceivable manner. Every year, I sponsored the Women in Math group at a New England school by providing them with a hundred of my fractal art cards for their graduation notices. I have not done that in a couple years, but it was a lot fun.

My fractal art is seen on cards, mugs, shirts and everything that I could have it printed on. This is an example of my Hearts on Fire poster.

 image

I have now taken my fractal art to the needle. I am currently working on adding patterns that include this artwork for counted cross stitch. These patterns are more complex, but they make wonderful wall hangings, so they are worth working on.

This tiger lily piece is an example of how intricate and delicate these patterns can be when they are finished.

  • Fabric: 14 count Aida
  • Counted Cross Stitch
  • Stitches:  260 x 200
  • Size: 18.57 x 14.29 inches or 47.17 x 36.29 cm
  • Colors: DMC
  • Count: 34
  • Original artwork

Pretty cool, huh?

Enjoy,

Julie and Blu

PS – If you don’t want to miss a single new pattern or exciting new group of products, sign up for my email list today. It is easy and I don’t send a lot.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments, so start a conversation.