Cross Stitch Products

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

I Still Read Books!

While I appreciate the Kindle, especially when traveling by air, I still love to curl up with a book in my hands. You know, the kind the library has. The thick, hardback books and the easily handled soft-back books. These are my favorite possessions. Although, I do tend to trade them and give them away like they mean nothing.

I always have at least one book that I am reading at all times. It doesn’t always matter what the book is either; I like all types of books. Currently, I am re-reading for the 20th time, The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel. I first read this book when it was originally published in 1980. Since it was promised as the first in the Earth’s Children series, I looked forward to the next installment. Those installments have come slowly over the years, but there are so far six of these wonderful tales.

I have never seen the movie, but Daryl Hannah played Ayla in the screen adaptation. I don’t think it got very good reviews and since I have been blessed with a very active imagination, the book worked for me. If you are in the mood for a primitive good time and have not experienced the Earth’s Children books, then go to Mrs. Auel’s site and buy the first in the series. It is a combination of a love story, ancient history, geological history and the history of man.

Since you are getting a new book, you need a new counted cross stitch bookmark pattern to keep your place in the book.

My bookmark patterns are not designed on a Charles Craft bookmark, but are free form in that you cut your own fabric and do your own edging. I will put some up that will fit Charles Craft in the future, but today, I only have free form up.

$3.00

  • Fabric: 14 count Aida
  • Counted Cross Stitch
  • Stitches: 29 x 203
  • Size: 2.07 x 14.50 inches or 5.26 x 36.83 cm
  • Colors: DMC
  • Count: 15
  • Original graphics

Enjoy your new book, and I hope that you become a fan of Ayla and her family.

Julie and Blu

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments, so start a conversation.