Stitching is like eating popcorn; you cannot quit with one stitch.
Because of this, here are some helpful tips.
- Get up and move around after 15 or 20 minutes of steady stitching.
- Rest your hands because they can cramp up from holding the needle tightly.
- If you have carpal tunnel syndrome keep your wrist wrapped up to limit the movements, and again, rest often.
- Wear your reading glasses with good lighting when working on a pattern. An OTT lamp works best to provide daylight without glare.
- Be careful when using a magnifying glass to see; it can actually make things worse if you use it too much.
Stitching is a lot of fun, and it can be an extremely rewarding past time for a relaxing evening, but it isn’t any fun if you have hurt yourself doing something you enjoy.
Sometimes a fast and easy pattern is the best way to spend an evening. This easy peasy kitchen pattern is a fun way to relax in the evening.
Take care of your hands!
Julie and Blu
PS – Look for easy peasy patterns on our the site. Be sure and sign up for the newsletter, so you never miss a freebie or any extras we might give out.