Cross Stitch Products

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Round and Round They Go

When I was young … oh, who am I kidding. The carousel horse is still my all time favorite ever and ever thing in the world. As a kid, we camped at Crapo Park in Burlington, Iowa. It had a carousel in it that I used to ride and ride when I wasn’t riding the swings. It no longer has the little amusement park in it, but it is still a popular place to gather.

I could not find a photo of the old carousel, but it sparked my love of the painted ponies, so I have taken photos of the big carousels wherever I have gone.

I am a fan of the Dentzel horse and the Herschell carousel. The beautiful Dentzel horses go round and round at Hershey, PA. This carousel was built by the Philadelphia Toboggan Company, and it is the third rendition of the carousel at Hershey Park, which replaced the Dentzel. Yes, I did ride it when I was there :)

Since the carousel horse is a popular subject with me, it is only natural that I have devoted a lot of my photos and my drawings to my patterns and prints.

These lovely horses are eternally going around and around in San Francisco on Pier 39. I did not ride this carousel, but I did get a bazillion photos of it, so I could do some drawings if I had a chance.

 

  • Fabric: 14 count Aida
  • Counted Cross Stitch
  • Stitches: 143 x 200
  • Size: 10.21 x 14.29 inches or 25.94 x 36.29
  • Colours: DMC
  • Count: 154
  • Original photo artwork

The horses in this photo are from a carousel that was handcrafted in Italy, and the horses are painted with scenery that depicts the Pier area. Although, these horses are not as magnificent as those found in a Dentzel carousel, they were a nice treat at the end of a pier filled with the sights and sounds of a bustling shipping area.

Enjoy!

PS -  Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter so you will know when we are adding more of my carousel horses to the site.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments, so start a conversation.